When will the changes come into force?

We usually implement new electoral arrangements in the authority's normal year of election. However, we can make necessary changes to the years in which parish and town council elections take place to ensure that they do so in the same years as district elections in associated district wards.

Local authorities can opt to change their electoral cycle with the permission of the Department for Communities and Local Government.